UPPER SCHOOL BULLETIN Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018
WEDNESDAY: LATE START “A” DAY, Adv., 1, 2, Break, 5, 6, Lunch, 3
LUNCH CLEANUP : Palmer's Advisory
THURSDAY: “B” DAY, Adv., 4, 1, Break, 7, 5, Lunch, 2
LUNCH CLEANUP: Palmer’s Advisory
SUMMER DISCOVERY/DISCOVERY INTERNSHIPS
- Summer Discovery and Discovery Internship programs introduce students to the college experience in an environment that is intellectually stimulating, culturally and socially enriching, and fun. Choose from over 300 courses at 14 different locations, plus internships in 5 exciting cities. At Discovery programs, you are treated with the respect you deserve - increasing self-esteem, confidence, and independence. Visit the website at http://www.summerdiscovery.com/ to learn more about the programs or stop by the table setup on Wednesday, February 7, to speak to a representative.
- Thursday, Nov. 30 in US Room 200 from 7:26 – 7:45 am.
NEW AND ONGOING
WINTER FEST IS ALMOST HERE! Here are the details about next week.
- Monday, February 12th, D Day
- o Comfy Clothing NUD - sweatpants, pajama pants, t-shirts, etc. Be appropriate, please.
- Tuesday, February 13th, E Day
- o Movie or TV Show Character NUD
- Wednesday, February 14th, F Day
- o Chapel
- o Crazy Sock and Tie Day
- Thursday, February 15, A Day
- o Jersey NUD
- o Senior-Faculty basketball game
PUTNEY STUDENT TRAVEL
- Putney Student Travel offers a wide variety of programs for middle school and high school students including Community Service in Latin America, Asia, and Africa as well as Language Learning in Europe and Latin America. For Middle School they offer trips to Costa Rica, Spain, New Zealand and Australia. For more information you can visit their website,Friday, February 9, to speak to a representative. or stop by the table setup on
- Tryouts for varsity and junior varsity girls golf will be held Wednesday, February 28th and Monday, March 5th at Dogwood Golf Club. If you have any questions before then, please contact Coach Oliver.
- If you plan to be absent on Thursday, Feb.15 or Tuesday, Feb. 20 for any reason or for any number of classes you must complete the “planned absence process”.
- Parent note or email submitted to Mrs. Railey one week in advance
- Planned Absence form signed by ALL teachers
- Planned Absence form returned to Mrs. Railey before the absence.
Wednesday, February 7
Varsity Boys/Girls Tennis vs. Marist @ HOME 4:15
Varsity Girls Lacrosse vs. Allatoona (Scrimmage) @ HOME (Railey) 5:30
Varsity Boys Basketball vs. Region Tournament - 2nd Round @ Westminster 5:30
Varsity Girls Basketball vs. Region Tournament - 2nd Round @ Westminster 7:00
Thursday, February 8
Varsity Boys/Girls Tennis vs. Holy Innocents' @ HOME 4:15
JV Boys/Girls Tennis vs. Holy Innocents' @ Blackburn Park 4:15
Friday, February 9
Varsity Wrestling vs. State Traditionals @ Macon Centeplex 10:00
Varsity Girls/Boys Soccer vs. North Atlanta @ HOME (Stadium) 5:00/7:00
Varsity Girls Basketball vs. Region Tournament - Finals @ Westminster TBA
Varsity Boys Basketball vs. Region Tournament - Finals @ Westminster TBA
Friday, February 9, Wrestling Team, All Day
Friday, February 9, Speech & Debate Team, 1:25 Dismissal